first off... i hate eraser shavings! at the table/desk where we have the computer, my husband does his homework. he has to draw on maps and then erase everything and i HATE having the shavings everywhere...
but anywho.. i was going to say, i hate when you have a bad dream about your kid. then you wake up at 2:30am and you want to wake them just to make sure they are ok!! last night, i had this dream that my mom and i were driving with james and we had to drop her off. so she slowed down and she let james get out of the car. when we drove away, i realized what happened (why it took that long to realize, i dont know, its a dream) and i made her turn around. james was running into the busy street we were on, tripped, and pushed his tooth back up into his gums. i have NO idea where this dream came from, but i was so sad and all i wanted to do was hold james and make sure he knew how much i loved him.
on the other hand.. he is buggin the crap out of me. he is in this phase (aka TWO YEARS OLD) where no matter WHAT i do to try and punish him or teach him right and wrong, he laughs. he plays with the blinds, so i smack his hand (not hard, come on) and he laughs! he opens the entertainment center and plays with the electronics, so i say NO and smack his hand - he laughs. EVERYTHING - he laughs!!! yesterday was just HORRIBLE. i mean he threw his truck at me, he pulled my hair, he played with EVERYTHING he wasnt suppose to, just on and on and on and NOTHING stopped him. sigh. i dont know about this whole "two year old" crap!!
4 comments:
I am so sorry!! I have two little boys who think its funny when I punish them too!! Not all the time but we got through phases like every 6-8 weeks they test me in every way possible to see "what I'm gonna go about it" but just remember to be consistent and don't give up!! Sorry you were probably looking just to vent not for advice but I feel you pain!!
Oh Steph! We are going through the same phase. My James is just a few months older than your James and he does the exact same things. He climbs on EVERYTHING, he falls off things, he plays too hard with his sisters, he plays with the blinds, he doesn't take naps, he whines...need I go on? Let's just say, I feel your pain. :)
Thanks girls.
Chels - I think I just need to figure out how to discipline. But its been hard doing that AND being preggers.
Heather - I love that our James' are so close in age and that yours is doing the same thing. Most the kids his age are girls and they dont. Maybe its a boy thing? What do YOU do though??
2 year olds are HARD!! it's a good thing they are so dang cute...
have you tried time out? that's really the only thing that has worked for us (and still doesn't work a lot of the time with our youngest... but it works the best). we chose a spot that is pretty isolated from anyone else, and anytime there is misbehavior they go in time out for a minute or 2. like i said - it works the best for us... good luck!!
Post a Comment