25 June 2011

Settled in

We have finally settled into our place in Korea. We have been in this country for just over 2 weeks and have been in the apartment for just over 1 week. Life is getting into some what of a groove since we have all our stuff, but there are still a few wrinkles to iron out.

Jake hasn't really gone to work yet. He still does inprocessing stuff which is just a lot of paperwork to say we are here. And then he goes into work for small amounts of time here and there. Then they usually let him go to do other paperwork that WE need. Its going to be nice once he gets one a schedule and he has things to do.

James is just a BALL of energy. We cant seem to get him to wind down at all. He has all his toys, but the past 3 days have been constant rain, so he cant go outside and we cant go hunt for a playground. There are things for him to do on post for an hour each day, but we cant get there because Jake doesn't have a set schedule so he needs the car and even if I COULD take the car, I don't drive stick, so I couldn't take it. Sigh...

Sam, oh Sam. He still won't sleep as wonderful as he did back in AL. Its been a week of Benadryl and it doesn't really work anymore. I think he is teething, however, because he drools like a crazy man and is REALLY pissed. I think I see the tooth coming in, but I refuse to give him Tylenol all day JUST because I THINK he has a tooth. He just needs to suck it up and realize teething hurts. He still eats every 4 hours which is getting REAL annoying. But he is eating actual bananas and bread and baby snacks and teething biscuits and all that fun messy stuff.

Me... Im tired. I have no idea what to do with myself each day. James drives me bonkers half the time, Sam can't leave my side, and I feel like I am a horrible mom. I want to give them a schedule (wake up, eat, play, sleep, play, etc) but it seems like when I try, I lose control and can't deal with the madness. Pointers anyone? I just wish there was a switch I can throw into overdrive and be this amazing mom.

Anywho... life is good here. We are feeling more at "home" every day and its getting easier. The language will always be a problem, but the Koreans are so sweet and generous, I think we will get by just fine.

Oh ya, they LOVE the kids. Every where we go, the women want to hold Sam and talk to him. They think James is cute, but he just shys away. So they play with Sam and just LOVE him. Who knows why. :-)

1 comment:

Heather said...

It sounds like you're on the adventure of a lifetime! It's fun for me to read your blog about being overseas because Paul wants to go to Russia for work (that's where he went on his mission) and it's good for me to see how I'll adjust and how the kids will adjust.

I can't say I have any advice except I know you're doing an incredible job. I really can't imagine uprooting for everything and everyone I've ever known and going to a place that is hours and thousands of miles away from everything. I'm sure you are being a great job and the schedule will come eventually. Just hang in there and know that your family and friends are rooting for you and here for you in whatever way we can be!

Love ya,
Heather (Hunter)