Last Monday, Jake was packing to go back up to Green Platoon. He didnt have to leave until 1230, so we decided to hang out until he left and run errands. He was planning on taking the car up there so I could take the truck this week. We took both cars to post so that he could leave from there and I would be able to get home. After running errands, he decided he was going to take the truck instead and let me have the car, since I like to drive a LOT while he is gone. No problem. I didnt mind a bit. We switch cars, he leaves with the truck, and I take the car over to the dr so that James could get his TB shot (you have to have a shot and a physical to get put into the daycare for any reason, and I wanted the opportunity to put them into hourly daycare if I needed later). After dealing with James at the dr (**which I will tell you that story after this one), I head home. Right before I get off post, Jake calls me. He is FLIPPING out because we switched keys and the extra keys that I now had, he needed to get his gear out to fly in about an hour and a half. He demanded (I say "demanded" because he was VERY upset he forgot to grab the keys and there was NO way around this situation but for me to drive and I was too scared) that I drive up to Seoul RIGHT THEN and bring him his keys. I hesitated, told him that Sam needed food and that they both needed diaper changes to which I only had one each for them... he replies with (to sum it up) "oh well, get here now". So we hang up, I freak out, he calms down, and calls me back. He apologizes that he has to make me do this but convinces me that I will do fine. He gives me AMAZING directions and lets me call him EVERY turn I make to make sure what I did was correct (here, you cant just get off a freeway and hop back on again, you have to go like 15 miles to "turn around"). About 45 minutes later and thankfully no wrong turns, I made it to him. He greeted us and gave the boys diaper changes and snacks. He thanked me over and over and then we had to leave. He had drawn me a map of the way home, explained it VERY well again, and we headed home. He had to be in class but swore that if I called, he would answer. I made it home, again with no problems thanks to his awesome directions. And that was my surprise trip to Seoul with just me and the kids.
So... James and his TB shot - I told the nurse to not let him see the needle because he is not dumb. She had her hands behind her back until she was ready to stick him. I grabbed his legs, a male assistant grabbed his arms, and the nurse doing the shot had his arm that she was going to pinch. James tried with all his might to get away. She stabbed him and he moved. So she had to re-stab him and he moved more. She quickly pushed in the shot (and kinda squirted my eye) and he was done. He got a big (I say big only because his arms are so small) bruise from the shot and moving, but he was fine. No TB. :-)
Sam is eating me out of house and home. He is non-stop eating. And his teeth? Oh my goodness. Instead of just getting one upper tooth, he got TWO MOLARS without me even knowing. I cant say that he didnt tell me because all he has been doing is crying and biting and chewing on things. So I suppose in his own way he DID tell me. I just didnt understand. Poor little guy. He is getting tough, thanks to his mean older brother. And James is getting meaner and meaner, thanks to - well I dont know.
Jake should be done with Green Platoon tonight, but he just called me and said that his hawk is not able to fly. So he may have to stay the night and fly tomorrow. Whatever, right? Sigh... the army life. We have been talking and think that we may try for Ft Carson after this station. We feel like we need to be back in the states, as much as we want to try for Germany.
Well - that is my post for the day. Hope you enjoy the few pics.
1 comment:
you're not sure how james is getting meaner? your husband is sitting ON him! haha! :-)
Post a Comment